- The fortified and walled town Mdina is centrally located on the island of Malta on the top of a hill.
- Located on 2 sides of the old town is Rabat. Rabat means suburbs to a walled town and located outside the walls.
- In it's commanding location Mdina can be seen for miles.
- Mdina, once the capital of Malta. For it's size about a quarter mile by a quarter mile, Mdina has a large number of attractions for the visitor
- Mdina is a must visit on any holiday to Malta
- It is very easy to reach by public transport buses from the popular tourist resorts
Shopping in Mdina
- Mdina is not a town to go on a shopping spree, but there are a few shops selling tourist type souvenirs
Nightlife in Mdina
- Never been to Mdina at night, but would think that it is very quiet. I should think that the views from the ramparts could be worth looking at as dark
Mdina Restaurants & Cuisine
|Fontanella Tea Garden
||1 Bastion Street, Mdina, Malta
||Great views from there open air cafe located on Mdina's ramparts
||9, Villegaigon Street, Mdina, Malta
||Villegaigon Street, Mdina, RBT 12 Malta
||Specialises in Maltese & Italian Cooking, and located in a 17th century baroque palace
Sports in Mdina
- Many hotels & aparthotels have their own sporting facilities. See Hotel descriptions
Mdina Bus Services
The main bus station is located in Rabat approximate 100/200 mt's from Mdina's Main gate
Mdina is very easy to reach by public transport buses from the popular tourist resorts
- From Valletta: No .80 via Spencer Hill, Hamrun High Street, Mriehel, Attard, Ta' Qali By Pass, Rabat to Mdina.
- From Sliema Ferries: No. 65 via Tower Road Sliema, St Julians Bay, Paceville, San Gwann, Naxxar, Mosta
Dome, Ta' Qali Crafts Village, and Mdina.
- From Bugibba Terminus : No. 86 via St Paul's Bay outskirts, Mosta Dome, Ta' Qali Crafts Village and Mdina
- From Mellieh, Paradise bay, the North and Gozo Take a bus to St Pauls bay and change buses
- From the South take a bus to Valletta and change buses
- From Valletta: No. 81 via Spencer Hill, Hamrun High Street, Mriehel, Attard, Ta' Qali By Pass, Rabat, Busketto Gardens to Dingli.
This bus by passes the bus stop outside Mdina main gate, staying on the main road in Rabat a few minutes additional walk.
Hotels in Mdina
Hotel Xara Palace