Mellieha Church and a few of the other buildings in the village set on the top of Mellieha Ridge
Mellieha Village Location
- 30km north of Valletta
- Located on high ground, Mellieha Ridge, which fall steeply to Mellieha Bay, one of Malta's finest beaches, 2 km away
- The Main road from Southern Malta to the Cirkewwa ferry to Gozo, runs through the village.
Mellieha Village Description
- The largest village in North West Malta, we would requard it as a small town with around 7000 residents. The village was mainly built in the middle of
the 19th century and is an extremly hospitable village.
- Mellieha has a lot of authentic characteur and can be reguarded as quaint and picturesque.
- The village of Mellieha has a network of narrow lanes, a steep main street,
- The village is dominated by it's huge beutifull neo Baroque 18th-century church with an ancient shrine. The church is built on the edge of Mellieha Ridge
and there are spectacular views over the lower surrounding country side and
- Surrounding the village are terraced fields
- Smell the freshly baked bread or hear the fish seller crying out his wares in a morning
- Mellieha is 1- 2 km inland but
has the longest and one of the best beaches on Malta, and also on a fairly frequent
- Buses also go near to Paradise Bay and to Armier Bay. If you engoy a good walk, both are in walking distance.
- Additional beaches are also in walking distace -again if you want a fair walk. Golden Bay, Ghajn Tuffieha Bay and nudist beach Gnejna bay. Buses go to
Golden Bay,and very near to Ghajn Tuffieha Bay, but you will have to change buses at St Pauls Bay to go to these bays. Gnejna bay is about 1 km from the
road and bus stop near to Ghajn Tuffieha Bay.
Shopping in Mellieha
- Only expect essencials in this quiet village
Nightlife in Mellieha
- This is the place for a relaxed holiday, a chat with freinds and strangers over a quiet drink in a bar.
Mellieha Restaurants & Cuisine
Sports in Mellieha
- Many hotels & aparthotels have their own sporting facilities. See Hotel descriptions
Mellieha Bus Services
Please note that Ghadira Bay is a section of Mellieha bay in the following bus route information.
43 Valletta via Msida Creek, Lija Cemetry, Mosta Dome, St. Paul's Bay, Xemxija Bay, Mellieha Heights.
44 Valletta - Ghadira Bay via Msida Creek, Lija Cemetry, Mosta Dome, St. Paul's Bay, Xemxija Bay, Mellieha Heights,
Mellieha Church and Ghadira Bay.
45 Valletta - Cirkewwa (Gozo ferry) via Msida Creek, Lija Cemetry, Mosta Dome, St. Paul's Bay, Xemxija Bay, Mellieha Heights,
Ghadira Bay and Cirkewwa.
48 Bugibba - Cirkewwa (Gozo ferry) From Bugibba Terminus via St. Paul's Bay, Xemxija, Selmun, Mellieha Church, Ghadira Bay
50 Valletta - Armier Bay. Summer Only via Msida Creek, Valley Road, B'Kara Naxxar Road, Lija Cemetry, Mosta Dome, St. Paul's Bay, Xemxija,
Selmun, Mellieha Church, Mellieha Bay and Armier Bay.
145 Valletta - Cirkewwa (Gozo ferry) via Msida, University, B'Kara By Pass, B'Kara Naxxar Rd, Mosta, St Paul's Bay, Mellieha, Cirkewwa
645 Sliema From Sliema Ferries- Cirkewwa via Tower Road, St. Julians Bay, Paceville, St. Andrews, Dolphinarium, Coastline Hotel, St.
Paul's Bay, Xemxija Heights, Mellieha Bay, Cirkewwa.
Night Service 45 to Paceville Term - St. Andrews, Bahar ic-Caghaq, Coast Road - Bugibba Tr, Pijunieri Road, St Paul’s Bay – Xemxija –
Mellieha - Cirkewwa
Additional services from Mellieha Bay
441 Mellieha Bay - Popeye Village-
Hotels in Mellieha