Photograph Bugibba Square taken from Bugibba's sea front promenade
- Bugibba is located on the North East coast of Malta and one of the 2 popular tourist areas of St Pauls Bay
- 15km from Valletta
- Located next to and to the south of the old town of St Pauls Bay.
- On the other side of Bugibba is the newer resort of Qawra, the other popular tourist area, located on the Qawra peninsular between St Pauls Bay and Salina
Bay, Qawra is also part of St paul's Bay.
- Package holiday transfer time between Luqa airport and Bugibba 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes.
- This is a large and popular tourist area and part of neighbouring resorts, stretching for 5km along St Paul’s Bay, around Qawra Point and into Salina
Bay. Of the group, Bugibba, is the largest resort in the area, with good views of St Paul’s Bay and its islands. Proving its popularity, Bugibba has
the liveliest nightlife, a cinema, bingo hall and even a casino.
- Almost the entire forshore is rocky, In many locations the rocks are flat and suitable for sunbathing
- There are 3 small harbours along the sea front either in the old town area of St Paul's bay or in Bugibba
- Swimming and snorkelling is popular from the rocks. Ensure you locate a suitable exit point from the water, and beware of the black sea urchins found
on the rocks.
- The entire area is great for watersports, and good bathing areas.
- Bugibba and Qawra are both fronted by crowded seafront promenades, site of the evening promenade where locals dress up in there Sunday best and tourists
dress as tourists, for a pleasant stroll along the front in the cool of the evening.
- Bugibba’s beach is rocky and consists of romantic, little coves.
- There is a small beach at the head of St pauls Bay
- The nearest large sandy beaches are about 8km away at Mellieha Bay and further afield in Golden Bay. There is a regular bus route to these beaches from
Shopping in Bugibba
- You can find the nessaries and tourist souveners in Bugibba, but for quality shopping, a trip to Valletta or Sliema is required. Buses to both are frequent
Nightlife in Bugibba
- Bugibba is a hive of activity after dark with a multitude of bars, karaoke bars and night clubs and discosand clubs to cater for those with an appetite
for a party. It also has its fair share of restaurants for those wanting a less raucous time.
- The main night time entertaiment centre is Bugibba Square and the streets surrounding the Square
- For those wanting the best and noisiest nightlife then
Paceville is Malta's nightlife capital
. Night Buses run to Paceville on weekends in Winter and nightly in Summer
- Bugibba also has a Cinema, Bingo hall and a Casino
- Some of the hotels in this area also have their own nightclubs and special nights of entertainment
Bugibba Restaurants & Cuisine
- Bugibba has a wide range of restaurants and cafes serving everything from traditional English dishes to Maltese specialities
Sports in Bugibba
- Scuba Diving for beginners and experienced divers is available from Diving schools
- Anchor Diving Systems
- Snorkelling in the sea
- Many hotels & aparthotels have their own sporting facilities. See Hotel descriptions
Bugibba Bus Services
Plenty of buses run along Bugibba sea fronts. going either to Valletta or further north on the island.
Bugibba's bus station is located just off the sea front at the Qawra end of Bugibba
to Cirkewwa (Ferry to Gozo) 48
to Golden Bay 652
to Mellieha Bay, Mellieha Church, 48, 50 Summer only,
to Golden Bay 652
to Mosta 49, 58, 59, 86, 159, 427, 499,
to Mdina, Ta' Qali Crafts Village. 86
to Qawra 59, 70, 159, 449,
to Paceville 70, 627,
to Sliema, Sliema ferries 70, 627,
to St. Julians 70, 627,
to St Pauls Bay 48, 50 Summer only, 86 by-pass, 159, 427, 627,
to Valletta 49, 50 Summer only, 58, 59, 449, 499,
Night Service 45 to Paceville Term - St. Andrews, Bahar ic-Caghaq, Coast Road - Bugibba Tr, Pijunieri Road, St Paul’s Bay – Xemxija –
Mellieha - Cirkewwa
More about bus routes and to see more destinatians see
Hotels in Bugibba