A section of St. George's Bay, showing the beach and part of the Corinthian maria hotel on the waterfront, right edge
St. Georges Bay Location
- St Georges bay is the most northerly area of
- Valletta 8 km
- Very near to
, the 'nightlife capital of Malta' which is located on the hill opposite the Bay Street centre.
- Either walk up the steps oposite the bay Street Centre. The steps are lined all the way with bars and cafes.
- Walk up one of the 3 roads leading to Paceville
- There is also a bus service between the 2 resorts
- Package tour transfer time - 1 hour
St. Georges Bay Description
- St. Georges Bay has a more cosmopolitan feel to it.
- The bay is a long narrow, and has a small beach of golden sand at it's inamost end.
- A varaty of colourful boats are usually anchored in the bay
- The resort is small with a few hotels, bars and restaurants
- St. Georges Bay has:
- a very modern shopping centre, The Bay Street centre
- Cinema complexes, one of which has an Imax screen
- Bowling alley
- There are short but steep hills in the area
St. Georges Bay Seafront
- A picturesque narrow bay, with a amall sandy beach at the head. Hotels are located on both headlands (and in the resort centre). A road runs behind the
headland hotels and the beach. A selection of boats are anchored in the bay and water sport facilities are available
St. Georges Bay Beaches
- At the head of the bay is a golden sand beach. Malta has very few beaches, most of the sea frontage of the island is rock.
Shopping in St. Georges Bay & Bay Street Shopping centre
- Shopping is concentrated in the new Bay Street Shopping centre and Leisure centre with
- fashionable retail outlets
- local crafts shops
- foods and wines
- a family entertainment centre
- a theatre
- Restaurants, cafes, coffe shops and eateries
- Additional shops are in Paceville only a few minutes walk away, up a steepish hill
Nightlife in St. Georges Bay
- There are a few bars & restaurants in St. Georges Bay, but the resort is next door to Paceville which is full of bars and restaurants.
- Multi screen cinema and Imax cinema
- Ten pin Bowling
Henry J. Beans
Bar & Grill
Hard Rock Cafe
|Henry J. Beans Bar & Grill, an American 50`s-style Bar & Grill. Great unique atmosphere is in Malta, partially created by the barmen, who juggle
with bottles and glasses, giving customers a real show. Located in Corinthia San Gorg hotel, St. George's Bay, St Julians, Malta
Hard Rock Cafe, Level 2 - Baystreet Complex, St. George's Bay, St Julians, Malta
Well known restaurant chain with pleasant ambiance and soothing music. The London cafe started the guitar on the walls craze with Eric
claptons guitar, this was followed by Pete Townsend's of The Who.
Cinemas & Entertaiment
Eden Century Cinema
(St Georges Bay, St Julian's, Tel 21 376401). State-of-the-art cinema complex with 16 screens and high-quality sound systems. Matinees and night-time showings.
See the local daily papers for programme listings.
- Malta’s biggest tenpin bowling center with 20 lanes in St Georges Bay
- Fully air-conditioned, computerised Tenpin Bowling centre
- Fun bowling
- National bowling leagues and International tournaments
St. Georges Bay Restaurants & Cuisine
- Greek, Italian, Malaysian and Maltese cuisine
Sports in St. Georges Bay
- Watersports: windsurfing, scuba-diving, sailing and pedalos.
- Snorkelling in the sea towards the 2 headlands
- Swimming in the sea from the beach or rocks
- Many hotels & aparthotels have their own sporting facilities. See Hotel descriptions
St. Georges Bay Bus Services
66 Valletta - St George's Bay
via Portes Des Bombes, Msida Creek, Sliema, St. Julians, Paceville, Bay Street, Dragonara, Hilton.
Hotels in St. Georges Bay
- Corinthia Marina Hotel
- Corinthia San Gorg Hotel Malta
- InterContinental Hotel Malta
- Radisson SAS Bay Point Resort
- San Gorg Hotel Complex
- Villa Rosa
Click for hotel descriptions photographs & booking
Hotels in St. Georges Bay