Weather & Climate in Malta
St. Georges Bay
St. Paul's Bay
Airtours Holidays to Malta
Thomson Holidays to Malta
Bugibba hotels, apartments
Salina Bay hotels
St. Julian's hotels
St. Paul's Bay hotels
St. Julian's apartments
St. Paul's Bay apartments
Flights to Malta
Gozo Citadel attractions
Paceville bars & clubs
Paceville Nightlife photos
Flights to Malta
UK Coach Travel
- Victoria is the capital of Gozo with most of the major roads radiating out from it's central location like the spokes of a wheel.
- Victoria is also known by the local Maltese as Rabat. Rabat is an Arabic word meaning suburb outside the fortress walls. The fortress in this case
is the Citadel located on the hill top on the North East side of Victoria.
- Victoria is centrally located on the island of Gozo
The main attraction in Victoria is the Citadel, don't forget your camera to take photographs from the ramparts. Within it's wall are several other
Castle Street leads up to the Citadel. St. George's Basilica dome in centre background
The entrance to the Citadel is under the clock tower and to the right
The Citadel Gateway entrance
Gozo Museum of Archaeology
Natural Science Museum
See The Citadel for full information on these attractions and on the Citadel
St. George's Basilica
Building of St. george's Basilica started in 1672 and is covered in marble and is known as the marble basilica.
Inside ensure you see:
- The wooden statue of St. George sculptured in 1838
by Pawlu Azzopardi
- The magnificent painted ceilings, painted by several famous painters.
4 Views of
St. george's Basilica taken from the ramparts of The Citadel, Gozo
Victoria Seafront & Beaches
- Being in the centre of the island Victoria does not have any seafront or beaches.
- Beaches are at Marsalforn, Ramla Bay - the largest sandy beach with rocky headlands for snorkel enthusiasts, San
blas bay, Inland Sea (pebble) and a very small one at Xlendi
- Dwejra bay. Although there is no beach the rocks, The sea front of cliffs, rocks, rock pools especially the blue
the views of the Azure window and Fungus
Rock are big attractions for visitors. The area is extremely popular with divers and snorkelers.
Shopping in Victoria
- Victoria is the main shopping city on the island of Gozo.
The best shopping is in the Main Street Triq ir-Repubblika and the market at It-Tokk, the market square is a must.
Nightlife in Victoria
Victoria Restaurants & Cuisine
|Maji Wine & Dine Restaurant
The Maji Wine & Dine Restaurant is located in an old and prestigious club & has an indoor restaurant, terrace
and lounge. Not only a restaurant but also has an art exhibition. It has a Good guide award 2007
The Maji Wine & Dine Restaurant menu includes local and international dishes.
Maji Wine & Dine Restaurant, 6 Sir Adrian Dingli Street, Victoria, Gozo, VCT 104/ Malta
|Il-Hnejja Bar & Restaurant
Il-Hnejja Bar & Restaurant, Il-Hnejja means The Stable, and the restaurant is built into a converted farm
house. The stable has a Mediterranean menu. The restaurant has an outdoor terrace with fabulous views of the Citadel, Gelmus
hill and a panorama of Victoria. The Il-Hnejja is a great location to
watch the firework displays on feast days.
Il-Hnejja Bar & Restaurant, 56 Foreman Street ( Triq L-Imghallem), Victoria, Gozo, Malta
|Atrium Wine Bar and Grill
The Atrium Wine Bar and Grill is located in the middle of Castle Street that leads up to the Citadel. The restaurants traditional,
appetizing cuisine & reasonable prices ensures a repeat clientele of both locals & tourists.
Atrium Wine Bar and Grill, Castle Street, Victoria, Gozo, Malta
Sports in Victoria
Museums in Victoria
There are several Museums in The Citadel for more information Citadel
Victoria Bus Services
Most roads on Gozo radiate out of the capital Victoria, hence Victoria is the hub of the bus routes on Gozo
Gozo bus services
Tourist Information Office in Gozo
Tigrija Palazz, Level 1,
Tel: (+356) 21561419
Fax: (+356) 21550254
Hotels in Victoria